Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Trey and I Just Completed our First Turkey Day Item.....

which involved lots of flour, eggs, butter, sugar, more flour, some salt, lots more flour, some yeast, and, oh yes, did I mention FLOUR. That's what my kitchen floor is now covered in: a fine dusting of flour. My other three children should go gaze at it. They've all been pining (and whining) for snow- this may be the closest thing they get this winter.

We have the future rolls safely rising (we hope) in the kitchen, so that we can have more fun with flour this afternoon, when we will roll them out and shape them into perfect Parkerhouse rolls.....at least we hope. If not I'll let you in on a little secret. I have some frozen yeast rolls ready and waiting. I'll just swap them out for mine when no one is looking.

Now, onto the pie!

No comments: