Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Waiting......still (School District Update)

They *finally* called at 5:30 last night. Basically, still no news. They asked if they could give a final answer early next week, so they could be sure they were looking at every option. I have no idea at this point if that is good or bad, but at least they called yesterday with an update.

The good news is that Trey is currently attending the school we want him to, (he needs) to attend, so really the delay is not catastrophic. But, this has just been the longest process EVER. O.K., not as long as waiting for Emily's first cochlear implant activation. We had to wait one month back then- and she had no hearing. It seemed like an eternity. We had to wait a month with Delaney as well, but she had her hearing aid to fall back on. And now they only have you wait two weeks (which I'm sure still feels like a year).

1 comment:

Hetha said...

Good for you for sticking to your guns throughout the process. That's a lot harder to do than it would seem, especially when you are grossly outnumbered in the meeting. Our district literally had 10 people around the table. Rich and I could not believe it! And it's also so cool that Trey is where he needs to be, I know what a good feeling that is. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

(They activate kids after only 2 weeks?!!)