Friday, November 7, 2008

Emily- Slow Down

is the takeaway from the Parent-Teacher conference from last night. Emily's teacher showed me her benchmark testing from the beginning of the year, and she did o.k. Not great, but not terrible. The thing that is frustrating to me (and quite possibly her teacher) is that many of the questions she missed, she just flat out didn't pay attention to directions. Let me clarify for those who are thinking, "Maybe she didn't *hear* the questions correctly...she is deaf/HOH, you know"- Nope, not an issue, these were written directions-LOL. The question might have read, "What color is the sky", and she would answer, "the grass is green." Huh??? Anyway- overall she is doing fine, but she really needs to pay more attention to detail, and not be in such a hurry.

But, it seems I'm guilty of it as well (I know, unbelievable, right?) I received an email from the college I am hoping to 'attend' in January, and I typed in two different social security numbers on my application. I was explaining to the very nice admissions person that I only had 10 minutes to get all my paperwork in that day, so I was in a bit of a rush. We're *still* trying to fix that one (oops). I also just ordered the boys' soccer trophies, and inadvertantely typed my debit card expiration incorrectly. Had to call in a correction on that as well, which took me twice as long as it would have, had I double checked my work......

Maybe I need to learn from Emily's Parent-Teacher conference.

No comments: