Mapping update by Delaney? To come tomorrow.
Good :) I've been trying to post more regularly, but I'm too tired to come up with anything too original. So, here it goes :
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player tags 5 people and posts their name, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
What was I doing 10 years ago:
I was enjoying being a mom of an (Yes, I had to edit this because my math was SO off), 18 month old, trying to figure out why she wasn't talking, and how she was hearing fine (according to our local county health department), even though we KNEW she wasn't. Rob and I were still new to the Utah scene, trying to adjust to life outside of Cali . I don't think we ever really adjusted which explains our joy over our move to the Pac. NW. We were 27 years old (28 in my husbands case), missing friends and family, and totally head over heels in love with our first-born. Maybe that's why we wound up with four :)
Five Snacks I enjoy:
1. Chips and Salsa
2. Bruschetta (any kind)
3. Andes Mints
4. Trader Joe's Bagel Chips
5. Anything dark chocolate
Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Move close to family.
2. Travel anywhere and everywhere.
3. Donate money to charities that help with CIs and hearing aids in low income areas.
Five jobs that I have had:
1. Waitress/Server at Red Robin Restaurant in Santa Barbara, California (college)
2. Asst Buyer/Buyer at Robinsons-May dept store
3. Director of Traffic at DSW Advertising agency
4. Account Executive at BOWG Advertising agency
5. Just home with the kids- HA! Hardest job yet :)
Three of my habits:
1. Computer time (i.e. digital scrapbooking, blogs, etc)
2. chocolate & the occasional glass (or two) of wine
3. Diet Coke/Pepsi and Starbucks nonfat mochas (in the winter)
Five place I have lived:
1. San Antonio, TX
2. Mission Viejo, CA
4. SLC Utah
5. Portland area
Add one new part (I am totally copying the question from Leah, who copied it from Tina who copied it from Abbie):What do you want others to get from your blog?:
I'm not sure! I guess it's my way of sharing with family, and also showing newly diagnosed parents that many kids (at least our kids) have been diagnosed, and have come out on the other side as pretty spectacular! While they have struggled from time to time (and will do so again), they would have struggled at times anyway. We're just a family raising our kids to be the best people they *can* be, and ....they happen to not be able to hear as well as some :)
Five People I Want to Get to Know Better: (a nice way of saying TAG!) But don't feel obligated!
Harder- because so many people I would tag have already been tagged, but here goes (and please read the do not feel obligated).
1)The first 'original' person I thought of is somewhat private with her blog, so I won't post it (plus I'm an idiot, and haven't figured out links anyway :) But, she is another JRA mom (like my sis), and she is such a mountain mover, she inspires me daily.
2) Jennifer- http://HappyfamilyatHome.blogspot.com One of the first HOH/deaf websites I read- Great perspective on life.
3) I would mention several others (ahem!!!) who have already tagged me, but they've already participated, so I get credit for a couple, right ???
4) And....How 'bout Marielle's mom (see link on right? (sigh....I know, you've already done it as well :) Christina is just too good at tagging a small population. Tomorrow when I'm not dragging I'll find all of you people who have not yet shared:)
5) See #4