Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Coming Clean about One of My Guilty Pleasures....

Yes, you may never return to this site again, but I'm willing to risk it. I like American Idol (gasp!), in fact, I've watched every season since the show started. (I also like "So You Think You Can Dance", but we *really* won't go there). Why am I sharing? Because I just have to comment on the fact that last night's show was probably the funniest thing I've seen on TV in years. Forget the performances, because let's be honest, none of them were really all that exciting. But- Paula Abdul's review of Jason Castro's TWO songs (when he only sang once) was priceless. Yes, it is live TV, and yes, the judges may have been caught off guard by a scheduling change, but come on- you are paid great money to sit up there and review AI hopefuls. It shouldn't be that hard to figure out what's being asked of you.

What I found even more interesting about the whole debacle is that as of early this morning, no one was talking about it. Everyone was so quick to jump on the Miley Cyrus/picture thing, but the fact that Paula appeared to be on drugs or drunk (my guess as to how it all happened) and flubbed up part of the show was slow to hit the wire. That said, I think they've made up for lost time. And yes, I'll stop now, I really do not like celebrity gossip, this one was just too bizarre.....I just had to comment.

Gotta love live TV.

No comments: