Monday, February 4, 2008

Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus- Hopefully My Kids Take Her Music To Heart

As I was perusing the latest and greatest in pre-teen music, I found that I kept coming back to the music of Miley Cyrus. While certainly not music I would put on in my car while by myself (although I think I have on occasion, when the girls' CDs have been left in the CD player), it's not horrible to listen to and the lyrics are exactly what I'd like my young impressionable children listening to. I hear my dd's singing along to the lyrics you see below, and I can only hope that they memorize them, and follow the advice of Hannah/Miley.

Hannah Montana "Make Some Noise"

[Chorus]
Don't let anyone
Tell you that you're not strong enough
Don't give up
There's nothing wrong with just being yourself
That's more than enough
So come on and raise your voice
speak your mind and make some noise
And sing
Hey, hey
Make some noise
Hey, hey, yeah

And, let's face it- it's certainly better than what I was raised on "Hey Mickey", and "Like A Virgin", etc. My mother must have been cringing with each line of "Like a virgin....Touched for the very first time". Funny how your perspective shifts when YOU'RE the parent.

6 comments:

Mom to Toes said...

My mother must have been cringing with each line of "Like a virgin....Touched for the very first time". Funny how your perspective shifts when YOU'RE the parent.

Word.

Qaro said...

Don't forget "Jack and Diane". I'm sure the recess teachers loved hearing all my freinds singing that. :)

Loudest Mom said...

Yes- I loved "Jack and Diane", and you're so right.....I remember singing "hold onto 16 as long as you can", and thinking- that's sooo old.

Anonymous said...

Oh dang I love Mom To Toes. I haven't heard "Word" in so long!

I like little Miley and I think she's going to be all right, not morph into some sick twisted sex object paparazzi twit. She's got a good head on her shoulders and really involved parents who know the business.

When I was teaching my students were all listening to masochistic rap lyrics that made my blood simply boil. I'll take Hannah Montana any day over that crap.

Jennifer said...

I got cracked up over "Word", too...rofl...
I don't think parents of children with handicaps have the market cornered on wanting to raise strong, independent children...I so want that for my kids!! Parenting's one of those things that looked easier before I actually had kids! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi,

When ever I surf on web I come to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]loudesthouseonblock.blogspot.com really contains lot of useful information. I am sure due to busy scedules we really do not get time to care about our health. Are you really serious about your weight?. Research presents that nearly 90% of all United States adults are either obese or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these people, you're not alone. In fact, most of us need to lose a few pounds once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is not like piece of cake. Some improvement in of daily activity can help us in losing weight quickly.

About me: I am webmaster of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health expert who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under painful training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effective weight loss.