Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I am MEAN, MEAN, MEAN (according to Jake)

and I'm o.k. with that. Sometimes us mom types have to be mean, but there are days where I really just hate being the big bad mom. We're having one of those mornings. Maybe the ear popper can cure Jake's attitude as well- LOL. Today at the gym, when I asked how Jake was, I was told he taught some of the other boys (through the other kids copying him) a bad word- of course, I instantly start thinking oh no, was it this one, or that one, and was so relieved to find out it was the "J" word. Yes, he called someone a 'jerk'. Now, obviously, some people consider this a bad, bad word, and it certainly isn't one I want Jake calling people, but frankly it's one that is not on the REALLY REALLY bad list in our house. It's lumped in with 'stupid' and 'doodee pants' (don't ask), or 'diapee-head'. One that they get in trouble for, but not one that they get in TROUBLE for. So, I got mad at him, didn't get him a treat as we left the gym, and then had to listen to him sob the entire way home from the gym.

All those endorphins from the run- GONE. Oh well, such is the life of a mom (a mean, mean mom).

No comments: