Monday, December 8, 2008

We had Jake's birthday party last night....

at JJ Jump, and I think a fun time was had by all. As we were driving home however, I had to listen to Emily complain the entire way because I refused to decorate the SOAKING WET tree. It was just too much. We had all gotten up somewhat early, headed out for breakfast (which we NEVER do), drove out to the 'country' to pick out our tree. Took our family picture for the Christmas card (thanks to the wonderful woman at the tree farm), came home, busted out party favors for Jake's party, and headed out to JJ Jump. After 2+ hours at JJ Jump, there was just no way I was going to go down into our very dark crawlspace, and bring out all the tree decorations.

Other than a very whiny Emily, a good time was had by all. I'm always a little bit stressed there, because of the potential for lost hearing aids and cochlear implants. At one point I looked over at Trey, and he had on his hearing aid, but no implant. AAAAHHHHH! Rob saw my look of panic, and held up the missing cochlear implant. He had taken it off *before* Trey started going on the various bouncy slides, etc. Emily is really good at keeping her two implants on- she jumps with her hands over her ears, and Jake just has hearing aids. Anyway, we made it home with all hearing aids and implants accounted for.

Now Jake and I are heading downstairs to find the tree lights, and the ornaments, so we can have more family fun tonight. At least it always starts out fun :)

2 comments:

Lissa said...

I'm glad Jake had a great birthday party!

I just wanted to say how cute your picture is of your kids


I'v been reading your blog for a while now and love checking for updates!


Take care you and your kids

Loudest Mom said...

Thank you for the nice comment :) And, thanks for reading!