Saturday, August 30, 2008

Happy Labor Day Weekend!

The kids and I had a movie marathon yesterday (along w/ sleepovers for both girls), complete w/ popcorn, Milk Duds, Dots, and other assorted bad-for-you treats. We watched two movies last night, and saved the last one for tonight....gotta spread our fun out. We're also going to head out to the park and get some fresh air and exercise :) This is really the last hurrah of summer so we might as well go out big!

That said, the sleepovers are pretty much done. One of our guests decided at 1:00 am that she wanted her mom, and was awake trying to decide whether to stay or leave until about 2:00 am. She ultimately stayed, and I think forgot all about her desire to go home. The big kids all slept until about 9:00, but Trey had an early morning wake-up call for me around 6:15 am.....I'm tired!

Anyway- now I need to pick up all the popcorn remnants, put away all the assorted blankets that are all over the playroom/bonus room and family room, and run the dishwasher for the 2nd time today. Enjoy the weekend all :)

1 comment:

leah said...

Where do little kids get their energy from? My kids are always up by 7:00am. I think the "what to expect" books ought to include the age at which a child sleeps until 8:00am on a regular basis as a developmental milestone!