Wednesday, July 30, 2008

AVT activites completely filled the crafting void.....

in my life. At one point in life I had a crafty, artistic side- and then I had child 1. I still managed to do a few things here and there, but by the time 2, 3, and 4 came along, I was both too tired and too busy.

Today I got back in touch with my crafty side. I discovered the Hearing Journey website, www.hearingjourney.com, (through Advanced Bionics), and printed out all of the weekly activities (and cut, and pasted, and colored). I was so proud of my accomplishment and couldn't wait to test out the activites, but by the time I was done with it, my guinea pig fell asleep. All I can say is he better LOVE my camping 'lift the flap' poster and much as I do :)


I'll try to add the link later tonight.....I'll also try to take a picture of my masterpiece so everyone can ooh and aah over it (o.k., not really, but for those who like a visual description, you'll know what I'm talking about.

2 comments:

The Brights said...

Hearing Journey is wonderful. Our therapist has cut and colored and pasted many of the activites to use at therapy. Some are a bit advanced for my little guy, but we have used many of the pictures and cut-outs and made up our own fun activites at home. The infant/toddler page isn't coming fast enough!

Kim said...

I also love HearingJourney!! it's a wonderful place to learn so much!!

Can't wait to see the pictures of your masterpiece!!!

Kim