Saturday, July 12, 2008

Leaving, On A Jet Plane.....

Delaney has left for camp: I had to set the alarm for 4:50 am in order to get Delaney up, fed, and out the door to catch her flight this morning. This will be the first time she has flown without us- kind of a weird feeling. I think she might have been a bit nervous as well. That said, I think this trip is going to be fantastic for her. A week away from home (which she did last year as well), but also a week *far* away from home. She will have to rely on herself and her teammates to get through the week of soccer camp, and the fun days (amusement park trip). I sent her off w/ tons of clothes, lots of snacks, and *lots* of batteries :)

Since I was up anyway I crammed a quick workout in, and decided my poor, lonely, blog needed some attention :)

Emily has day two of her soccer tournament. They won their first game by a lot, which makes the game not quite as enjoyable to watch. Hopefully today's games will be better match-ups. She wanted to go to the airport this morning but I decided she really needed the extra sleep. She ended up waking up anyway, and is now CRANKY. I'm hoping she's gone back to sleep by now.

1 comment:

leah said...

Hmm... I was hoping the cranky-without-enough-sleep thing got better as they got older! Guess not, lol.