Monday, July 7, 2008

Quick Update: Summer is flying by

I can't believe we're already well into July. We've been busy with houseguests, soccer tournaments, sleepovers, lots of outside time, etc. Delaney leaves for camp this Saturday for a week (in California), which means I'm trying to get all the laundry done so I'm not up until midnight on Friday night. Emily has another tournament this weekend, so Friday through Sunday we'll be running around from field to field. Our next four weekends are taken up with soccer tournaments, which means we'll use the week itself for 'catch-up'.

We're back down to two batteries for four cochlear implants. You don't need to be a math genius to figure out that that just doesn't compute. I'm beyond annoyed at how breakable cochlear implant batteries are- And how expensive! Anyway- I'm going to have to bite the bullet and just order 3 or 4 more (there goes my new computer- between the broken pipe, and the batteries).

I've been way behind on blog posts, but I seriously have to fight to get two minutes online right now. All four of the kids use my computer for various activities (usually revolving around dressable penguins, or a famous mouse we all know and love). Our internet service has also been horrendous lately. We either can't connect or it is so slow it isn't usable, at least when I finally get my two minutes to connect :) It must be in 'summer mode'.......

4 comments:

Karen Putz said...

Ah, we just finished a weekend of running out of hearing aid batteries. My mom and sis have the larger size batteries and were able to cover my sons. My daughter and I both ran out of the small sized batteries at the same time and I discovered I had no more in my purse. Oh well!

leah said...

Hehe- at least they will be starting school again in the relatively near future and you will get your computer back!!

Loudest Mom said...

Karen-

That's bad as well :) I've got Delaney (who uses the large batteries), and Jake and Trey (who use the orange sticker batteries), and then the FM systems (that use the teeny little yellow sticker batteries). I hate when I'm getting low and have to run out and stock-up.....

Leah-
You're right :) September will be here soon enough, and I will get some computer time back-yay! And, I've gotten tons done around the house, seeing as my favorite time killer is not available-LOL

tammy said...

Even as I sit here at 11:20 at night both my kids (who should both SO be in bed) are asking when I'm going to be off the computer! I can't imagine sharing it with 4 of them! Gotta love summer ... but gotta love going back to school too! : )