Friday, May 1, 2009

General Ear Update :)

Rock: Removed....very little pain and anguish, but as my ENT descibed it, "a small piece of dried lava like material". Huh? How? As he pointed out, he's a boy. 'Nuf said.

Jake: Still missing important decibals, but totally unconcerned due to his fantastic hearing in the other ear. Which will also keep him from being an implant candidate at the present time.

Emily: Hears great with two implants, pretty crappy w/ each separetely. Good or bad= depends on what the final outcome is. If bilateral hearing is the goal, she is doing great.

I'm tired, it's been a long week, and I haven't even started my final paper for school. I'm going to splurge with a beverage, a movie which requires no thought whatsoever, so that I can wake up at the crack of dawn and write my next masterpiece (defitely said w/ great sarcasm:) Happy Friday, and good ear health to all!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous looking kids you have!

interesting about Emily's implants - when you said crappy when wearing separately.

I have one - and will never be able to get two. Hear very well though :)

leah said...

You are a busy, busy woman! Thank goodness the rock is gone :) I hope Jake's "good" ear stays that way for a long time to come!

VBnBama said...

it doesn't surprise me, I found pavement in my washing machine ...BOYS! where do they get these ideas??

Colin said...

Hi,
You are a brave mum! I couldn’t imagine that many HOH people in one family. We have three normal hearing kids and just me who became suddenly deaf in 4 short months. I find all our kids OH SO NOISY and can’t tell their voices apart from my wife’s! I have had cochlear implants for just 12 months after 41 years perfect hearing. I’m bi-lateral and on my second implant on my right side, so back to the beginning again. I’m real interested in kids who are implants very early and envy their speed of learning with these things.
Warm greetings from New Zealand

VBnBama said...

I do have one up on you here, at least my boy doesn't have ear holes/canals...or no telling what I might find in there!
But he did sneeze a real spaghetti noodle once, I had no idea it was there! Gross but true.

Loudest Mom said...

Eeewww-The spaghetti noodle just might win :)

And, Colin- Wow! What a change, to go from many years of perfect hearing to needing bilateral implants. I was always told this was a possibility for all of the kids, but they've managed to lose dbs early and often-LOL. Loud in our house is an understatement :)