Sunday, October 28, 2007

So much to do, and ......

so little time. The story of my life these days (and I know most of you all can relate). We survived the sleep-over last weekend (barely), and after dragging for the next three days, I finally got the house pulled back together. We really had nothing going on this weekend, except the normal soccer games. Last night was looking to be a relaxing, 'nothing going on' kind of night, until T came upstairs from the game room, missing an important item- His implant. Here is my whine of the weekend. Why can they not develop a BTE implant for children w/ some sort of tracking device. We had already 'lost' it at his sister's soccer game, on a playground filled with bark chips, but then to lose it in our own house???? Ugh. Of course I asked him where it was, and he told me downstairs, and he pointed to our guest room/catch-all room. In other words, if we have guests coming we quickly clear it out, otherwise it is loaded up w/ all of our odds and ends- The worst possible room for it to be lost.

An hour later or so later, empty handed, I quit searching for the night. I decided to have my husband take a look this morning. He goes downstairs for 5 minutes and finds it- Just my luck. But, I guess the good news is WE FOUND IT- thanks goodness. Our sweet 3 year old had placed it safely into the cup holder on our foosball table. Homing device needed please! Any ideas? I'll add it to my list of improvements that I'm going to send off to Advanced Bionics some day :)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Did you know that Advanced Bionics is actually asking for suggestions right this moment? Maybe we need to ask that they make it whistle when we clap for it? Perhaps get an electromagnet and walk around the room, see what it picks up? (oy, in this house, it would pick up tons of stuff!!)

Loudest Mom said...

Jennifer-

I'm so glad you mentioned this, because I was actually serious about this suggestion. I have had so many instances of lost CI's between all of the kids. Usually out in the middle of a vast, soccer complex. We'll see if I can help persuade them to help all of us who have had to do the 'search' ....

Thanks :)
Melissa