Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Preschoolers at the Art Museum....

What an experience. I'm not sure what I envisioned. Maybe the children all walking around, holding onto their adults hand, commenting on the use of color and light? O.K., not really. But I certainly didn't picture the little boys running around yelling "booby's" everytime they saw one in a painting. And, I won't even mention how loudly they described the nude male anatomically correct sculpture. It was all I could do not to laugh out loud after the tour guides all frowned in our general direction.

I don't think the world of art was ready for Trey's class.....

3 comments:

John McMenemy said...

Maybe Trey's class should make many such visits to museums so that they won't be so drawn to cultural off limit subjects such as the nude figure.

Loudest Mom said...

I think you definitely have a valid theory! And, I was just glad Trey didn't jump on the bandwagon :) He did however really struggle with the 'no touching'. What was really needed was a section that maybe was a bit more hands-on for the littlest art patrons. That way they can learn when *not* to touch, but could get it out of their systems at some point....

leah said...

That is hilarious! I can only imagine what my preschooler would do in an art museum, lol. Not being able to touch anything would definitely be a great difficulty!