Friday, October 11, 2013

We were challenged today at our teacher's inservice to put ourselves out there and WRITE.....

and I realized I had just kind of given up on my blog. Life got busy, dare I say boring?  And, I somehow lost my inspiration. With four kids how is that even possible? I think it's probably safer to say, time became a precious commodity, and carving out a few moments to write anything seemed daunting. That said, I am now committing to write. I have publicly committed myself before ( I believe in 2012), and clearly did not follow through. Now, because I ask this of my students, I am committing to write at least a couple of times a week. This blog was originally created to share my journey as a hearing mom to four deaf/HOH children. Somehow it morphed into that, plus a lot of pictures of the kids, and a little bit of the craziness that is just life in general.

I think for now I am not going to commit to a topic or theme. I'd like to just get back in the habit of posting, and see what happens.

I look at the picture at the top of the blog, and barely remember the kids looking like that. I love photographs because they capture a moment in time, and create a lasting memory. But, so do words. Life goes by too quickly, and maybe these small reflections written here will be a collection of memories for the future.

Wish me luck ;)

4 comments:

Lissa said...

Good luck!!

Unknown said...

Glad to see you're back! I read your blog religiously in grad school, and miss the posts!

web lol said...

kul post

free games to download said...

I will invite all my friends to your blog, you really got a great blog.,”*.