Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Fixing the broken cochlear implant.....

Emily's right implant just quite working out of the blue. This is her favorite implant (which probably makes no sense, but yes, she has greatly preferred her original implant to her "newer" implant). That said, going with the newer implant only for a week has made her adjust to it and she finally admitted that it sounds just like her original one.  If there is a silver lining, that would be it.  That said, I need to figure out if her old implant is fixable.  I have done what troubleshooting I can, and this is beyond me.  It is not the head piece, or the battery, or the ear hook.  Bummer.

Any thoughts? (This is an AB Harmony processor)

4 comments:

EmmaVerdona124 said...

I heard there was a recall on the AB cis
btw, you could ask around some AB users on Alldeaf (I think you should this forums)
http://www.alldeaf.com/
I'm Sarfarigirl2011 on here though

Loudest Mom said...

Thank you! Will do....

PinkLAM said...

Actually, Advanced Bionics has their own forum- you might find the users on it helpful.
www.hearingjourney.com

Anonymous said...

Excellent Working Dear Friend Nice Information Share all over the world.God Bless You..
olympic station cycles
bicycle shops near london olympic