Thursday, July 14, 2011

Swim Lessons Today

Trey is still not completely safe in the pool yet, so we are starting another round of lessons.  My sister and I basically grew up in the water, of course in Texas pools are on every corner it (or at least it seems like it).  Here where we spend so much of the year wet, you have to work a bit harder to find a pool. That said, we belong to a club that has two pools, and yet, Trey is still not swimming.

It is harder when you have to take off your "ears" to swim.  The teaching process gets a little bit harder, so when we find a good visual teacher, we are thrilled. We are back with the swim teacher from last year, but she just told me she is leaving in three weeks- NO!! Let's hope she can work some magic in the next three weeks ;)

** Like that picture? Doesn't it look safe? I'm sure there is no way he could stand on that, fall back and crack his head open.....Yes, those thoughts went through my mind over and over. Such a boy thing.

3 comments:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Three weeks? You betcha :D
Just get him in the water every day.

My mom gene was kicking in too... "don't stand on that, right there!"

Loudest Mom said...

I'll keep you posted on "operation swim" -LOL

Jenna said...

Hi
My name is Jenna and i came across your site. Trey is an amazing, inspirational hero. I was born with a rare life threatening disease, and love it when others sign my guestbook. www.miraclechamp.webs.com